Jewish Federation of Greater Oklahoma City
Open Position of Administrative Assistant
APPLICATION PROCESS: Qualified candidates are encourage to apply for this position by emailing a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by January 8, 2019.
To provide a broad range of administrative support to the Jewish Federation staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
- Maintain donor management database entries (routinely update and correct database records as needed).
- Maintain camp management database (routinely update and correct database records as needed).
- Coordinate production and distribution of year-end and special appeal letters.
- Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for programs and events; assemble materials for events and meetings as needed.
- Handle administrative details associated with committees (i.e., prepare and distribute notices, agendas, minutes, etc.).
- Answer and direct phone calls – serve as the point of contact.
- Call constituents to notify them of upcoming programs.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or her designee.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite software, including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Familiarity with database management preferred.
- Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment, e.g., fax machine, telephones and photocopier.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Professional demeanor.
- A minimum of one to two years of experience in an administrative position, preferably in a not-for-profit organization.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- $35,000 annually
- $180/month in lieu of health benefits
- 15 paid time off days (vacation, sick leave, personal day) for the fiscal year, accrued monthly
- Work week: Monday – Thursday, 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. & Friday 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Paid holidays
Legal and religious holidays observed by the Jewish Federation are listed below. For National holidays, the office will be closed on the day observed for the holiday (e.g. Martin Luther King Day is observed nationally on the Monday following his birth date). Jewish holidays below are given only when they fall on weekdays
New Year’s Day
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Day After Thanksgiving
Rosh Hashanah/Jewish New Year – 2 days
Yom Kippur/Day of Atonement – 1 day
Sukkot/Festival of Booths – first 2 days
Shemini Atzeret – 1 day
Simhat Torah – 1 day
Pesah/Passover – first 2 days and last 2 days (of 8 days)
Shavuot/Festival of Weeks – 2 days